Thursday, 24 July 2014

accidentally


I was going to sew a men tank. It was my first time with Arrowsmith Undershirt Pattern and I decided to try it using pieces of unnecessary clothes and fabric. I mixed my old cotton vest and a piece of self coloured linen. All process of sewing you can find here. Unfortunately, I've chosen a wrong size for my dear Mr S. He also admitted this tank is too fashionable for him. What could I do? I tried it on, shortened it 10 cm and now I have nice sport tank. I was wearing it during our vacation and I am delighted. 

Zamierzałam uszyć męską podkoszulkę. Po raz pierwszy korzystałam z   wykroju Arrowsmith Undershirt i postanowiłam wypróbować go, używając kawałków niepotrzebnych ubrań i tkanin. Zestawiłam starą bawełnianą kamizelkę i kawałek samodzielnie ufarbowanego lnu. Cały proces twórczy możecie obejrzeć tu. Okazało się jednak, że koszulka jest za mała, a cała koncepcja kolorystyczna zbyt modna, jak na gust mego lubego. Sama więc zmierzyłam uszytek, skróciłam 10 cm i mam nową sportową koszulkę.Nosiłam ją w czasie naszych wakacji i jestem zachwycona. 


arrowsmith undershirt pattern for women


It was an accident. I was going to sew sport, original tank for my dear Mr S. Unfortunately I choose wrong size and all work would go down the drain. I tried it on for fun and in that moment I understood that it could be great top for me. I shortened it 10 cm and I was ready to go exercise.  

To był przypadek. Zamierzałam uszyć oryginalną, sportową podkoszulkę dla mojego drogiego S. Niestety, wybrałam zły rozmiar i cała praca poszłaby na marne. Ale dla zabawy wrzuciłam koszulkę na siebie i okazało się, że zupełnie pasuje. Skróciłam ją 10 cm i już byłam gotowa ruszać poćwiczyć. 


Tuesday, 1 July 2014

men's shirt refashion

There is no need to tell how fun and effective is refashion men's shirt. Internet is full of inspirations and instruction. You can find some here, here, here and here. For me the biggest encouragement are always ready button holes (I hate do them myself!). It isn't quick two step refashion. I've only used nice, recycled fabric and button holes, the rest is regular, slow sewing work.
  
Nie ma potrzeby pisać, jakie fajne i jak bardzo efektywne jest przerabianie męskich koszul na ciuszki damskie i dziecięce. Sporo pomysłów znajdziecie choćby tu, tu, tu i jeszcze tu.  Mnie do takich działań zachęca przede wszystkim argument gotowych dziurek na guziki. Moje refashion nie należy do najprostszych, ponieważ chodziło mi raczej o to, żeby wykorzystać fajny materiał (i dziurki!), niż o szybkie szycie.  




Wednesday, 25 June 2014

work in progress (after MeMadeMay'14)

Thanks to a challenge MeMadeMay'14 I had fantastic May. I've never blogged so much. Seven posts and five new sewing projects! June is lazy as you see. I was on vacation and than I had a very busy time at work so blogging wasn't my priority. But I still sew. I've even started a new sewing blog, this time about sewing for my men. Creating a new wardrobe for my dear Mr S., this is something I was thinking about for a long time. New blog is for challenge myself. We will see :)


And below, work in progress. 


Monday, 2 June 2014

piękne candy u LRT

LRT jak zwykle przygotowała coś pięknego i wyjątkowego. Więc zapisuję się w kolejkę. Was też zachęcam :)


Sunday, 1 June 2014

MeMadeMay'14 (part 3&4)

 It was a great fun! I can't wait MeMadeMay'15!


19.05.2014

20.05.2014
21.05.2014
22.05.2014


23.05.2014

26.05.2014

27.05.2014
28.05.2014

29.05.2014

30.05.2014

Tuesday, 27 May 2014

back to the beginning



Pierwsza sukienka, którą uszyłam. Marzyłam o kreacji z tego pięknego batikowego materiału, który ustrzeliłam w secondhandzie. Cieszyłam się z niej jak głupia, co nie znaczy, że nie byłam nieco rozczarowana wszelkimi uzyskanymi przypadkiem krzywiznami. Założyłam ją kilka razy, ale generalnie nie czułam się w niej komfortowo, wyszła trochę krótsza niż lubię i za bardzo odstawała w talii. Nie miała wtedy siły (i umiejętności) już w niej nic poprawiać. Po czasie najbardziej mi było żal niepowtarzalnej tkaniny. To i udział w Me-Made-May'14  ostatecznie zmobilizowało mnie do dokonanie niezbędnych zmian. Tak więc na początek prucie po bokach i próba znalezienia najlepszej linii zwężania. Musiałam zlikwidować różową lamówkę, bo doły przodu i tyłu jakoś dziwnie mi się nie zgodziły :).  Ale generalnie poszło gładko. Efekt poniżej.

This is first dress I've ever sewn. It was my dream – having a self-made garment of this beautiful batik fabric. I was so happy about it. Of course I was also a little bit disappointed all that crooked stitches I've made. I wore this dress a couple of time but I've not felt good in. I knew it needed some alterations but my sewing skills were too weak. So I put it into my big wardrobe. All that time I was feeling bad about this wasted fabric. That and my participation in Me Made May '14 brought batik dress on board. I cut some material on each side to find better line of bodice. It was quite easy. I also made little changes on the bottom of a dress. So this is it – my old new dress :D